Please find direct download link of firmware version G955U1UEU5DSC1 for the device Samsung Galaxy S8+, model SM-G955U1 below.
Upgraded One UI for Android Pie
One UI brings you Android Pie, with exciting new features and a whole new look and feel based on feedback from users in Samsung and Google.
We recommend that you back up your important data to keep it safe before the upgrade.
Some apps, including Calculator, Samsung Internet, Samsung Health, Samsung Notes, Samsung Members, and Samsung Pay, need to be updated individually after you update your OS.
To use the Remote unlock function in Find My Mobile on an Android Pie device, the screen lock password (or PIN/pattern) backup process is required. So please make sure that you remember the screen lock password (or PIN/pattern) before starting the update process. If you've forgotten the password (or PIN/pattern), reset it before starting the update process.
Here’s what’s new.
- Content, settings, and other information have been reorganized to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they're always within reach.
- New designs and features such as Night mode help keep your eyes comfortable.
- You can reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
- Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
- In an app's notification settings, tap the switch once to turn on or off all the notifications in a category.
- New Unicode 11.0 emojis are available.
- New adaptive theme changes your keyboard look based on the colors of the surrounding app.
- Floating keyboard is available in all apps and has new size and transparency settings.
- You can set a custom touch and hold delay.
Device care (formerly Device maintenance)
- Performance modes are streamlined and integrated into power saving modes.
- The Edge panel for device maintenance is discontinued.
Always On Display
- New clock styles have been added, including the option to show a calendar with your schedule.
- Charging information has been added to let you know how much time is remaining until fully charged.
- You can show Always On Display whenever the screen is off, or you can set it to show for 30 seconds when you tap the screen.
- Menus have been reorganized to make settings easier to find.
- Continue using your phone while DeX is being displayed on a monitor or TV.
- Use Samsung DeX with supported HDMI adapters. No need for a DeX Station.
- Bixby is all new, with a range of improvements and new features.
- Swipe left from the main Bixby screen to explore the latest features and supported apps.
- You can control the Bixby key in settings to decide what happens when you press or double press.
- You can now sort your call history by incoming and outgoing calls.
- Your call history can include up to 2000 entries (increased from 500 entries).
- The new drawer menu makes it easier to manage contacts from various accounts.
- Photo Editor Pro's editing tools have been added to Gallery, so you can make all your edits and touchups without leaving the app.
- The new storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor your storage usage and save space.
- You can now show or hide items on the My Files Home screen.
- Your daily step count will be shown in the notification panel. To hide it, press and hold the notification, then turn off Current steps.
Other improvements and changes
- Turn on the screen automatically whenever you pick up your phone using the Lift to wake feature.
- Access Kids Home on the quick panel.
- Call stickers has been discontinued.
- HEIF images are now supported.